How to Create a Winning Email Marketing Strategy in 2023
In the last decade, when the world became ever more hyper-digitalised, email marketing remains a top performer for driving conversions. And while email marketing continues to be a tried and tested digital marketing strategy, it’s important to get into the habit of fine-tuning our strategy to stay up to date with the latest trends and tactics.
In this SEO Premier blog, we’ll walk you through some proven strategies and tactics that will help you craft a winning email marketing strategy that will deliver results in 2023. Strap in tight and get ready for some practical tips on how to take your email game to the next level!
Why do you need an email marketing strategy?
An email marketing strategy is critical to the success of any email marketing campaign. Without a clear strategy, it can be difficult to know what objectives to set, what messages to send, and how to measure success. An effective email marketing strategy will help you:
- Define your target audience and segment your list
- Develop engaging and consistent email content
- Set measurable goals and track your results
- Optimise your campaigns for conversion
By taking the time to develop a comprehensive email marketing strategy, you can ensure that your next campaign is a ringing success.
What’s the current state of your email marketing strategy?
When it comes to email marketing, having a strategy is key to success. Without a plan, it can be difficult to know what steps to take or what goals to set. But with a little guidance, you can launch a winning campaign that will help you achieve your business or marketing goals.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when crafting your email marketing strategy:
1. DETERMINE YOUR GOALS. What do you hope to accomplish with your email marketing campaign? Do you want to increase sales, drive traffic to your website, or build brand awareness? Be specific with your goals so you can measure your success.
2. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE. Who are you trying to reach with your emails? What are their needs and wants? What kind of content will they find valuable? When you understand your audience, you can create emails that will resonate with them.
3. OPTIMISE THE TIME TO SEND. Timing is everything when it comes to email marketing. You'll need to experiment to find the best time to send your emails, but in general, weekday mornings tend to work best. Avoid sending too many emails or bombarding people with messages; instead, focus on quality over quantity.
4. CREATE KILLER CONTENT. Your email content should be engaging and informative, providing value for the reader. Include images, videos, infographics, and call-to-actions (CTAs) to encourage people to take action. Make sure your subject lines are compelling, but not to the extent that it will trigger spam filters.
I’m ready to launch my strategy. What are my next steps?
BUILD YOUR EMAIL LIST. There are many ways to legitimately build an email list. First, you must get the consent of each user to enter your mailing list. Second, you can invite them to sign up using lead magnets like a free ebook, webinar, or a quiz in exchange for their email address. It’s important to keep your email list up to date and make sure that you’re compliant with data privacy laws.
SEGMENT THE LIST. Segment your email list. Depending on your product or service, you can segment your list by interests, demographics, or past behaviour. This will allow you to create more targeted and relevant content for each segment, which in turn will lead to higher conversion rates.
CREATE COMPELLING CONTENT. Your email content should be interesting and valuable enough to get people to actually open and read it. Boring or sales-y emails will likely get deleted without being opened.
USE A STRONG CALL TO ACTION. Include a clear call to action (CTA) in your email so that recipients know what they should do next. Whether you want them to click through to your website or buy a product, make sure your CTA is effective and easy to follow.
TEST FOR BEST RESULTS! Before sending out your final email campaign, be sure to test different elements such as subject lines, images, calls to action, and copy to see what works best with your audience. A/B testing can be extremely helpful here so that you can avoid any costly mistake.
By following the above steps, you can launch a winning email marketing campaign in 2023 that drives conversion, boosts brand awareness, and achieves your goals!