Businesses everywhere are left shaking in the wake of Google’s new reveal. They have unleashed a a new commercial advertising design that leaves less space for organic search results on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
Gone are the days of three paid ads on top of the page during a search, with another four on the right hand side. The move of placing more ads up top is a tactic to create a smoother flow of results for consumers. These ads have been designed to look native, or integrated into the search results, allowing the consumer to process their content as part of their interested results. Compare this to the ads that were on the right hand side that stuck out like a sore thumb.
Having four ads on top means that ad pricing will increase for this highly coveted, and optimal commercial advertising space.
But what does this mean for businesses?
With businesses that can no longer afford to pay for the ad space, they may have to readjust their digital marketing strategies with cheaper keywords, focus on organic SEO, or even influencer marketing. There will, and has been, a definite increase in content marketing to organically maximise search results for their keywords.
So how do you create the perfect content to marketing your business?
- Create relevant, interesting, and engaging content. You must have content that makes consumers find their way to your website to fulfil their need or desire, and leave them with the satisfaction for repeat visits.
- Identify the topics that are in demand. People are interested in them for a reason.
- Produce content using a variety of mediums, topics, target niches. Regularly post them!
- Utilise your SEO services to track how each content creation is leading the consumer through their customer journey.
- Be quick to reply to your consumers online. Facebook even says how long each business, or page takes to respond. Your response time, and how you respond is very important to attracting customers. They’re online, they’re in a hurry, and they need something. If you can’t give them what they want sooner rather than later, there’s other businesses out there.
- Maintain high-quality real life customer service as this flows onto your online persona. Your consumers write reviews, and the more in quantity and positivity will increase your website authority, driving your position up the search results.
- Tag your geolocation as Bright Edge research shows it improves website traffic by 21%
Don’t know what to produce to get your customers in the door? Just ask me! I’ve written plenty of work online and will be glad to work with you to ensure your business has the right content out there.
Written by Bernice Abuan