Here are 5 free, quick tips to get your website structured well with search engines and in a position to launch an SEO campaign to fire you up the rankings for your service range searches:
- Rid your website of any negative aspects which may slow down your SEO efforts. A prime example of this is links in the footer of your site to external sites e.g. web design, internet marketing companies. Clean up your site.
- Use the Google AdWords Keyword Planner to understand the kind of language your target audience is using. Look at the most popular search terms and which drive the most traffic to understand where you should be focusing your efforts.
- Optimise your Meta Data to ensure that you are explaining the content of your pages clearly to a search engine. A search engine will read your Page Title and Meta Description so include 2 or 3 of the most relevant search terms you identified for that page.
- Ensure your page content has at least 500 words to give enough depth on the subject matter for a search engine to index. Content it key to providing value to the user which is all a search engine wants; a positive user experience on your site
- Blog; Once a week post a new blog post on your chosen topic and within the body of the article link the post back to your target page. This will point the search engine through this link to find more information which builds you authority for the search term.
Once you have completed these 5 steps you will have a well optimised onsite in a perfect condition to start an SEO campaign. Your site will be well indexed with search engines and have a relevancy towards your target search phrases, it will be ethical and active and ready to rank in the search results.
If you would like any more information on how to follow these steps on indeed what to do next please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contact form and we can arrange a consultation.